What is C Difficile? It sickens 500,000 people per year in the USA alone. It is thought to contribute to or directly cause the death of about 30,000 in the USA annually.
Our bodies are home to many bacteria. This often includes c. difficile. This potentially dangerous bacteria is prevented from harming us by the action of other bacteria at work in our gut. When these ‘good’ bacteria are killed by antibiotics when treating another illness , C Diff may then create severe illness in the intestine.
What is c difficile (c diff)?
What are the symptoms of a c diff infection?
These include fever, stomach cramps and diahrrea. Learn the difference between mild and severe c.diff. Read More
How do I know I have c difficile?
A guide to c.difficile tests. Knowing what strain of c diff infection you have is important. Read More
What is the c diff treatment?
It may be simple as stopping antibiotics. It could be special drugs. In difficult cases it may need a fecal transplant Read More
Is there a C.Diff diet?
Simple suggestions to help you recover from c.difficile infections Read More
The C Diff Fecal Transplant Therapy Explained
It sounds gross but it cures 90% of the people who have chronic c difficile Read More
The C Diff Smell
C Diff is thought to have a distinctive smell Read More
What is C Diff Colitis?
An infection can damage the colon. Find out how. Read More
Is C Difficile Contagious?
C Diff can be very contagious – read our guide to how you can be aware of C Diff risks Read More
What causes C Diff?
C Diff is caused by the action from the toxins from the c difficile bacteria that may reside in your stomach. What wakes them from their dormant state? Read More
Recent C Difficile News
- Binding and entry of Clostridium difficile toxin B is mediated by multiple domains. - PubMed - NCBI
- Investigation of a cluster of Clostridium difficile infections in a pediatric oncology setting. - PubMed - NCBI
- Community-acquired C. difficile rates soar
- Spectra254 Releases the Spectra 900 UVC Light Disinfection System for Labs, Operating Rooms ...
- Routine detection of Clostridium difficile in Western Australia. - PubMed - NCBI
- Virulence factors of Clostridium difficile and their role during infection. - PubMed - NCBI
- Probiotics and Fecal Microbiota Transplant for Primary and Secondary Prevention of Clostridium difficile Infection. - PubMed - NCBI
- Regulation of Type IV Pili Contributes to Surface Behaviors of Historical and Epidemic Strains of Clostridium difficile. - PubMed - NCBI