What is C Difficile? It sickens 500,000 people per year in the USA alone. It is thought to contribute to or directly cause the death of about 30,000 in the USA annually.
Our bodies are home to many bacteria. This often includes c. difficile. This potentially dangerous bacteria is prevented from harming us by the action of other bacteria at work in our gut. When these ‘good’ bacteria are killed by antibiotics when treating another illness , C Diff may then create severe illness in the intestine.
What is c difficile (c diff)?
What are the symptoms of a c diff infection?
These include fever, stomach cramps and diahrrea. Learn the difference between mild and severe c.diff. Read More
How do I know I have c difficile?
A guide to c.difficile tests. Knowing what strain of c diff infection you have is important. Read More
What is the c diff treatment?
It may be simple as stopping antibiotics. It could be special drugs. In difficult cases it may need a fecal transplant Read More
Is there a C.Diff diet?
Simple suggestions to help you recover from c.difficile infections Read More
The C Diff Fecal Transplant Therapy Explained
It sounds gross but it cures 90% of the people who have chronic c difficile Read More
The C Diff Smell
C Diff is thought to have a distinctive smell Read More
What is C Diff Colitis?
An infection can damage the colon. Find out how. Read More
Is C Difficile Contagious?
C Diff can be very contagious – read our guide to how you can be aware of C Diff risks Read More
What causes C Diff?
C Diff is caused by the action from the toxins from the c difficile bacteria that may reside in your stomach. What wakes them from their dormant state? Read More
Recent C Difficile News
- Antibiotic use and its consequences for the normal microbiome | Science
- Scientists think they’ve found the secret to better poop transplants - The Washington Post
- Paper linking fecal transplants to obesity in rats retracted for faked data - Retraction Watch
- Controversies in Hospital Infection Prevention: Here we go again: Active detection and isolation, C. difficile edition
- Epidemiology, Diagnosis, and Management of Clostridium difficile Infection in Patients with Inflammatory Bowel Disease. - PubMed - NCBI
- NQO1-knockout mice are highly sensitive to Clostridium difficile toxin A-induced enteritis.
- Summit Announces Further US Patent Granted for CDI Antibiotic Ridinilazole
- C difficile and community-acquired pneumonia: modifiable risk factors